Sunday, July 11, 2010

They think it's all over… it is now...

Well this is it then. We appear to have reached the end of the road as far as Some People Are On The Pitch is concerned. After four years and around 1,300 posts, it's time for us to go.


As I mentioned last week, this isn't so much a 'goodbye' as a 'bye for now'. As from next season, I'll be writing on an occasional basis for Football Fairground along with Terry Duffelen, Graham Sibley, Chris Nee and anyone else that gets roped in. It'll give me more time to go off and do other things, and for that I must wholeheartedly thank Terry  and Graham for their support and understanding.


I never thought when I first created this blog that it'd be quite such a fulfilling experience, but that it most certainly has been. It's given me a sense of purpose, an engrossing pastime and an opportunity to get to know some fantastic people. Perhaps it's this last point that's given me the greatest satisfaction – interacting with visitors to SPAOTP, many of whom have great football blogs of their own, and generally having a lot of fun.


I'd love to list everyone that falls into that category, but there's simply too many of you. Just know that if at any time you've sent me a message, left a comment on a post or just visited our website, I've been incredibly grateful to you for being so considerate. Writing for and maintaining a blog is one thing, but knowing there's someone out there showing an interest in what you say or do really makes it all worthwhile, so thank you.


My final thanks are reserved for Terry, Graham and Martin Lewis who helped me get Some People Are On The Pitch off the ground and keep it there. I couldn't have done it without you all, and if this site has been in any way successful, it's as much down to your efforts as anyone else's. Thanks for your friendship and all your hard work.


If you'll now excuse me, it's time I was off. Don't forget to join us at FootballFairground.com sometime soon, but for now it's goodbye, good luck and thanks for visiting Some People Are On The Pitch.

Best wishes,
Chris O.

5 comments:

Rich J (Sofa Soccer) said...

Still can't quite believe it's over :( All the best!

Jonathan said...

You've done a fantastic job over the years Chris, and were one of the first blogs I discovered and an inspiration for me to start this whole blogging lark a few years after you.

Congratulations, and good luck with your next endeavours. Hope to work with you on future projects soon too. :-)

Chris O said...

Thanks for your comments, fellas, and good luck to you both... :)

P Shaw said...

All good things must come to an end. This blog has been a joy to read regularly and it will be sorely missed. However I wishy you good luck in your life with your family Chris. Also, good luck with Football Fairground, I'll be sure to drop by and give it a read.

All The Best And Thanks For Years Of Great Blogging.

Peter Shaw

Chris O said...

Many thanks Peter - your support of the site was always gratefully received at this end. Best of luck for the future...! :)

We Love SPAOTP!

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP