Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shirts for 2007/08: West Ham United (home)

A chance now to see the new 2007/08 home shirt for West Ham United, as created by Umbro...



Umbro's domination of the Premiership football market continues apace, taking over in this instance from Reebok while the Hammers' old shirt sponsors JobServe are now replaced with XL, an Icelandic airline company.

The shirt is officially launched on June 16th but you can pre-order it via the West Ham website should you feel the need to do so. Price: £39.99.

Speaking as a West Ham fan, I must be honest when I say that this is rather disappointing, but then I've said that about most of the other Umbro kits we've seen lately, so it must be just an Umbro thing.

What I dislike about it is it's too fussy. Too much going on, too many colours in all the wrong places and too many bloody Umbro logos everywhere. I feel like this could have been a really good design, but somewhere something went wrong.

Well that's just my opinion, but what do you think? Another in a long line of Umbro successes or another in a long line of Umbro failures? Leave us a comment or cast a vote using the facility below...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTING HAS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS SHIRT
The final results were as follows:

Excellent: 60 (31%)
Good: 48 (25%)
OK: 34 (18%)
Poor: 23 (12%)
Terrible: 26 (14%)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

One size fits all?

Chris O said...

Are you suggesting that the average West Ham fan is, shall we say, 'carrying a bit of timber'? :)

Smart said...

OK, eyes down listening for Smarts Official review...

1. Is it me, or is the Umbro logo on the left of the chest (as we view it) too high and seemingly out of position

2. Its almost as far out of position as the one on the sleeve

3. The chest is too plain

4. The shoulders are too fussy

5. No premiership logos... ;-)

6. It'll sell like hot cakes as per usual.

Chris O said...

I've got to admit, Smart - I did just look at that big white 'XL' logo and say "Oh - THAT'S what he meant..."!

But come on, be honest - you thought Kedge was being a little uncomplimentary about the average physique of a West Ham fan too, didn't you?!?! :-)

OK, to answer your points:

1) It is too high, but it's like that on all the new Umbro shirts.

2) Quite.

3) Agreed.

4) Agreed.

5) Oh har-bloody-har... :)

6) *Possibly*, but in the early stages of voting it's split everyone pretty much right down the middle. I don't think it'll be West Ham's biggest seller...

Chris (B Squad) said...

I don't think there is anything nice I can say about this one. They've gotten it all wrong.

Smart said...

I dont know whats worse - the kit, or the embarassing 'Dicky Dirt' promotion campaign...

Anonymous said...

You wanna see the queue for the shirt at Lakeside today!! I thought someone 'famous' was there to sign them!!!!!

Chris O said...

Are you sure they were there to buy... [gulp]... THAT shirt?!

Anonymous said...

At least they have a proper badge on this shirt, unlike last years sticker of a badge!

Chris O said...

Really? Oh well, at least that's something. It's always nice to see a proper badge on the shirt rather than one of those iron-on transfer jobs...

Anonymous said...

I've tried twice since mid July to order a women's West Ham shirt on-line. Both times the shirt has been "in stock" when I ordered it but disappointingly there weren't any in the warehouse!! The Megastore told me I would have to check with the stores at Upton Park and Bluewater to see if they had any in stock and I would be able to collect one from them.

I don't live that close to London and Essex is even further. I don't get to go to London that often and I shouldn't have to make a special journey just to buy this shirt.

Tried to get the store to post one to me but surprise surprise they don't post shirts from the shops.

I've also just received the new merchandise catalogue - very nice - however there's a couple of things my daughter would like ordered but surprise surprise again on checking with the Megastore they are out of stock.

West Ham's "Megastore" really need to get their act together and make sure they have sufficient supplies of all the goods they are advertising. It's all very well boasting that the kit is exclusively available through the club but it seems to be too exclusive at the moment.

IF ANYBODY CAN ADVISE ME HOW I CAN GET A WOMEN'S WEST HAM SHIRT SIZE 10, I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL. I'M EVEN KEEPING MY EYES OPEN ON EBAY!!

We Love SPAOTP!

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP