Friday, March 21, 2008

The Friday List of Little or No Consequence #54

Seeing double?
12 Football-Playing Twins From Past And Present
from an idea sent to us by Sven

1. Dean and David Holdsworth (England)
2. Frank and Ronald de Boer (Netherlands)
3. Philipp and David Degen (Switzerland)
4. Gustavo Barros and Guillermo Schelotto (Argentina)
5. Shota and Archil Arveladze (Georgia)
6. Miguel and Javier Flaño (Spain)
7. René and Willy van de Kerkhof (Netherlands)
8. Andreas and Thomas Ravelli (Sweden)
9. Marcin and Michal Żewlakow (Poland)
10. Hossam and Ibrahim Hassan (Egypt)
11. Ray and Rod Wallace (England)
12. Peter and Ebbe Sand (Denmark)

Our thanks go to Sven for providing this 'Friday List' idea, and if you'd like to do the same, just send it to info [at] spaotp [dot] com. If all goes to plan, your suggestion could end up on SPAOTP!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cant believe you left out the Neville brothers.

Anonymous said...

Or for that matter the Charlton brothers.

Chris O said...

I dunno, thegreatdandini - you come along here, bold as you like, acting all lah-de-dah just because Aberdeen knocked Celtic out of the Cup... ;-)

Two things to say in my defence:

1) These Friday lists are rarely meant to be completely exhaustive, hence the nice way that people are open to add their own suggestions, and

2) The Neville and Charlton brothers weren't twins. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah right. Twins eh?

D'oh!

P Shaw said...

Thanks for using my idea Chris O. Btw what is Smart up to now?

Chris O said...

Smart's just gone off to spend more time with his family, really. He was unable to commit sufficient time to writing for SPAOTP, so he thought it best to step down and prevent any abiguity about when he'd be able to write in the future.

Understandable, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Anonymous said...

hmm..Thought it was my idea posted in # 49 :-) Anyway, good to see the list.

Chris O said...

You see - I told you I was ill...! I tried uploading one post while I lay in my sick bed, and even that proved to be too much for me...

I'm so sorry Sven, you are of course quite right. I think I must have got mixed up with P's suggestion about doing a 'family members' list. Anyway, I've given you the correct credit now Sven, and sorry to you, P Shaw, for miscrediting you. I think you were there in spirit when I wrote it though... :)

Anonymous said...

Justice. lol

No big deal really :-)

Anonymous said...

The best footballing identical twins I know are the Turkish internationals Hamit (Bayern Munich) and Halil (Schalke) Altintop. Quality players.

We Love SPAOTP!

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP